Following the significant decrease in Covid-19 cases in the United Kingdom and considering the requests of the faithful flock of the Holy Archdiocese, I have decided to re-open the Churches, for communal worship, so that the faithful may once again participate in the celebration of the Divine Services, beginning Friday, January 29, 2021.
I request, however, the strict adherence to the guidelines below:
1. All those entering the Church MUST wear a face mask.
2. The faithful must disinfect their hands with hand sanitiser when entering the Church and must strictly adhere to the social-distancing measures and avoid physical contact with other parishioners.
3. Social-distancing measures must be adhered to at the cantor stands as well as among those serving in the Holy Altar.
4. Baptisms, Weddings and Funerals may take place normally according to the governmental regulations relating to social distancing measures and the total number of participants that is permitted.
5. Confession and any other forms of close contact (through the Sacraments) with parishioners is not allowed at the present time. Clergy will not offer their hand to be venerated. A slight bow is proper.
6. The Parish Wardens and Trustees must record the names, telephone numbers, addresses, and emails of all those entering the Church, even those who come simply to light a candle.
7. Antidoron is to be wrapped and placed in the Narthex area and the faithful will take it (by themselves), as they leave the Church.
8. In order to better accommodate the faithful, parishes with more than one priest may celebrate the Divine Liturgy twice, as in the past.
Wishing everyone health and the protection of the Triune God, during these difficult circumstances which we are all experiencing, I remain with paternal prayers and love in the Lord,